Tuesday, January 9, 2007

here's my kitchen


Well, here it is . . . my kitchen. My workspace. The heart of my home. Ilva from Lucullian Delights (a blog based in Tuscany) asked for fellow foodie bloggers to share pictures of their kitchens. So here is my kitchen in sunny Tampa, Florida (which can not compare in its newness to all the glory and tradition in Tuscany - can you tell I want to live in Tuscany?). I do all my cooking here but I rarely eat here. Usually I eat on my couch. Sometimes I do sit at that counter to indulge, but that is where I sort my mail, spread out my cookbooks, write shopping lists and plan menus.

The first thing people notice about my kitchen is that it painted hot pink. I chose that color because i wanted my kitchen to be very vibrant and full of energy. I would have chose an orange but my bedroom and living room are shades of oranges and yellows and I like have different colors in each of my rooms.

My kitchen has just about everything someone could want except a convection oven and a grill. Well, everyting I could want anyways. I guess I don't have a food processor either but i'm working on that. I moved into this house in July of 2005 so it is still brand new. I live here alone so I have tons of space to fill it up with all my stuff.

If I had to improve anything in my kitchen I would add some more "homey" elements. But that is kind of hard to do in a kitchen that is surrounded with cabinets on the walls. That only leaves counter space and I like to keep that free for my appliances and for space when I make a mess cooking.


10 comments:

Ilva said...

Thanks! I really like that you have those chairs there so that people can watch your cooking!

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen is lovely. I love color, and love that you have bright colors throughout your home. Very fun!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your kitchen. Mine is not showing up in the blogging world because it is the lovely tiny apartment kitchen. I guess I could show my decorated CORNER, but other than that there is NOTHING impressive. Even my refrigerator is tiny...if you go to the stores, it's the $150 version! :-) My parents are re-doing their kitchen and are going to raise the bar so that the stools we have will fit. Can't wait.

Anonymous said...

wow... I love the hot pink. It works so well with the dark cabinets!

Anonymous said...

I love your kitchen and the pink walls. I'm jealous! :)

Anjali Koli said...

Your pink barbie kitchen is cute

Vanessa said...

I love the color. Mine's red.

Sally said...

That is a very "sophisticated" looking kitchen! I, too, like deep vibrant colors and have orange in my dining room (check out my New Year's Day post and you'll see them). Thanks so much for sharing your kitchen with us. This is fun - isn't it? LOL

Creativecook said...

It's interesting how well the pink works with the dark wood. Warm and bright. You are giving me ideas. I love color too.

Anonymous said...

Hot Pink!~
That says so much about you.
I love it!
The kitchen is also the heart of our home...come visit.