Friday, March 2, 2007

Leftover Tuesdays #2: The Roundup

I'm so happy that I was able to host this month's Leftover Tuesdays food blogging event. David at Cooking Chat came up with this great idea for sharing creative ways of using our leftovers. This month we had participants from around the world.
Rachel of Coconut & Lime in Baltimore, MD made Triple Citrus Cranberry Cake using leftover cranberries.
Lydia of My Kitchen in Sydney, Austrailia made Braised Pork Belly with Yam using leftover roasted pork and yam.
Kazari of I Think I Have a Recipe for That... in Canberra, Australia made Chicken Crepes using leftover chicken
Megan of What's Cooking in Ontario, Canada made "Spanish Inquisition" Rice using leftover taco sauce packets
Brilynn of Jumbo Empanadas in Canada made Arancini (fried rice balls) using leftover risotto
Chris of Mele Cotte near Atlanta, GA made Baked Stuffed Onions using leftover rice and veggies.
Lakshmi of Veggie Cuisine in New Jersey made Veggie Patties in Spicy Gravy using leftover veggie patties.
Bhargavi of Maa Inti Vanta in Tokyo made Indian Style Onigiri (Japanese rice ball) from leftover rice.
Mary of ceres & bacchus in Kingston, New York made Mashed Potato Cakes using leftover mashed potatoes.
Anjali of Anna Parabrahma in Bangalore made Recycled Dhokla using leftover dhokla.
Mia of Cloudberry Quark in Helsinki, Finland made Summer Pudding with Cardamom & White Wine using leftover french bread.
Freya of Writing at the Kitchen Table in Essex, UK made Skate with Caper Sauce and Crisp Vegetables with Honey Dressing using leftover skate wings she had tucked away in the freezer.
Ulrike of Küchenlatein in Kronshagen, Germany made Gratinated Gnocchi with Bacon using leftover potatoes and bacon.
Tigerfish of tezcape:I'm a foodie in California made Chicken Penne with Celery and Sun-Dried Tomatoes using leftover rotisserie chicken (also made shredded chicken sandwiches, Chai Buey Soup and Chicken Noodle Soup).
Fruit Tart in Champaign, IL made Meat, Beans and Rice using leftover pork loin.
Claire of Cooking is Medicine in Mississippi made Roasted Chipolte Raspberry Pork Salad with leftover pork loin.
David from Cooking Chat in Massachusetts, the originator of Leftover Tuesdays, made Chipotle Pork Stew using leftover chipotles in adobo sauce.
And finally, I made Sliced Tuna Soft Tacos using leftover tuna steaks.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Rachel - I sent an entry for this but it's not posted. Did you not get it? If not, can I resend it?

Rachel Rubin said...

Claire - I double checked and didn't see an email. Please resend! I'll post it right away.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! Thanks for doing this. I will have to send you a pic for mine - where that may be on this computer!

Rachel Rubin said...

Chris - I stole a picture for you original post.

Anonymous said...

Thanks! You're the best!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Rachel! This is such a fun idea and has great recipes. It makes me want to cook something that will make leftovers, too.

Mia said...

So many yummy-looking foods, so little leftovers to make them of... Thanks for doing this!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting the event and doing the round-up.

David said...

Thanks for hosting! Look like some great & tasty creations!

Anonymous said...

I meant to make bread pudding with some leftover French Toast, but after the week I had, cooking just wasn't as much in the cards as I had hoped.
The roundup looks great!

Brilynn said...

I think I want to make some of these leftovers for first courses!

Anjali Koli said...

Rachel thanks for hosting. I know dhokla is not know to all so I gave the like. As for your Mary's question about shev. They are fried noodles made from chickpea flour. Mostly consumed as muchies own their own or as toppings.