Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cuban Pork Chops with Mojo and Sofrito Mashed Potatoes


Last weekend I caught Guy's Big Bite on the Food Network. I've have only seen it one or two other times and each time I am super-impressed by the awesome meals he prepares. So I decided to get the ingredients and try one out. Tonight I made Cuban Pork Chops with Mojo and Sofrito Mashed Potatoes.

This is one amazingly tasty meal. Each recipe is good on its own, but they are great when put together. I have been concentrating on cooking a lot of Asian food lately, I forgot how tasty some good classic recipes can be. The pork chops are so flavorful due to the marinade followed up with a spice rub. And the potatoes really complement all the spices in the pork chops. The diced peppers in the potatoes are a really nice twist on an old classic.

It did take me over an hour to make this dinner, but I will do it again. I know my mom will love this one and I'd like to make it for her sometime.


UPDATE: The links below have been expired at the Food Network Website. I am leaving them active on this post just in case they ever come back.

You can find the recipes for Cuban Pork Chops with Mojo and Sofrito Mashed Potatoes on the Food Network website.


11 comments:

Freya said...

Rachel, this looks great! I'll swap you this for some of my cacao truffles!

Chris said...

I just caught his show for the first time this weekend. This recipe looks amazing! My mouth watered as soon as my eyes hit the picture. Yum!

Rachel Rubin said...

This was so good that I ate it for leftovers for both lunch and dinner today. I NEVER do that! 3 meals of the same food in a row is usually a big no no for me. I get to sick of it. But I was cutting it up to give the leftovers to the dog and it was just too good!

Anonymous said...

Okay, that recipe looks delicious! But the recipe has expired at food TV. I could wing it if you might be willing to supply just the ingredients, cause I really want to make that!

Rachel Rubin said...

Oh no! I can't believe the links have expired! I threw out the printed out copies I made because I thought I'd always be able to go back to the website.

I can't remember everything that was in there because there were a whole bunch of ingredients (which is why I didn't want to re-type the entire recipe on my blog).

I had no idea that the food network did that!

David said...

looks great!

Anonymous said...

The cached copy of the recipe is still valid via Google.

Anonymous said...

This recipe looks really good, I have watched Guy a few times, but have not as yet made any of his recipes. This looks like a contender though, and with the sweet potatoes too.

Cate said...

I just saw that show in my Tivo line-up and saved it. The Husband is Cuban, so thought this might make a great weekend meal - glad to hear it was a tasty one.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to a dinner where Guy will be serving this dish but I'm nervous because my husband and I are both sensitive to spicy foods and the Mojo sauce has me concerned. Was it spicy? Thanks!

frugal-peddler said...

I just got this recipe online, it must be back - I had tried to find it a few wks ago after seeing the show quite a while ago & it was not there - so get it while you can!