Saturday, March 17, 2007

Dining Spring Break Style


I have spent the last week with my sister and 10-year-old nephew. He came to visit me in Florida during his Spring Break. We did all the Florida things - Busch Gardens, Universal Studios, Yankees Spring Training game, museums, aquariums, beaches . . . I'm exhausted. Usually, I have adult visitors and I get to eat some of the best food in Florida. The seafood down here is great. But this past week has been full of entertaining a 10-year-old which to me means junk food. We had a ton of theme-park food or quick meals at chain restaurants. We were doing to many things to take the time to go out for nice dinners. We did sneak in one though. The best meal was some fresh King Crab legs at The BeachHouse in Bradenton Beach. We all had seafood and even my nephew ordered the crab legs. We ate just before sunset and it was gorgeous.

But our week of fun has ended and life returns back to normal. I can't wait to get back in the kitchen!


No comments: