Thursday, December 6, 2007

#62: Pea and Mint Risotto


Market Fresh Recipes is really #62 on Food and Wine's 100 Tastes to Try for 2007 but they specifically mention Pea and Mint Risotto (recipe is online). The recipe is from Vegetable Harvest, the new book from Patricia Wells. I bought the book but this is the only think I have made from it so far.

I actually waited until the end of the year to make this because I didn't think I would like it. It sounded kind of boring to me . . . pea and mint? Didn't seem to special. How wrong I was!

While this recipe is probably best in the Spring, I used frozen peas and they were just as fresh and were perfect with this recipe. The fresh peas and mint combined with rich and creamy risotto is unbelievably good. I ate this as a main course but I think it would go fabulous with lamb chops! And the leftover were just as good as the original. I kept eating it for two days after I first made it. I usually don't eat leftover more than once but I this batch a total of 5 times!


No comments: