Friday, December 7, 2007

#68: 2006 Savignon Blancs from New Zealand


Food and Wine Magazine highlighted the 2006 Savignon Blancs from New Zealand as some great wine to try this year and was #68 on the list. The article specifially suggested that Brancott's 2006 Savignon Blanc is the best deal of the year. I was thrilled when I found it! And we all loved it so much that I am going to buy another half a case, or maybe even a whole one. I got the wine for $9.99 a bottle. This wine is crisp, fresh, fruity . . .

Streamlined, with very good concentration to lime juice, grass and guava flavors highlighted by wet stone character. Drink now. 60,000 cases imported.

- Wine Spectator


I usually like chardonnay or pinot grigio and I was a bit cautious when trying this Sauvignon Blanc because I thought it would be very dry. It is not - it is super flavorful! We drank the bottle with tuna tartare . . . YUM!


No comments: