Thursday, February 8, 2007

Tag: Five (Foodie) Things Most People Don’t Know About Me

I’ve been tagged by Sarina, The TriniGourmet, with this meme to list Five (Foodie) Things Most People Don’t Know About Me.

There isn't much that most people don't know about me. I don't hide things, but I suppose I can list a few things about my food passion!

1. One time I sucked the brains out of a shrimp. I was in Spain. I was there with a girlfriend who grew up in Hong Kong. We were eating tapas after a night of drinking. She assured me it was a delicacy. I ended up sick for 2 weeks and couldn't eat shrimp for 18 months after that.

2. I keep my freezer filled with ice cream and frozen candy bars, but I rarely ever eat them. After a few months things get freezer burn and I throw them out. But then I get some more.

3. One of my favorite snacks is garlid and herb alouette spread on a cracker, a dollop of fig jelly on top of that and topped with a slice of prosciutto. I try to make everyone try it but usually I am the only one to keep eating it. Some people think the creamy garlic, sweet jelly and greasy meat is a nasty combo. I think it's heaven.

4. I can eat an entire a can of black olives (jar of green olives) in one sitting. I do this about once I week.

5. I like to put salt on everything, even pizza, spaghetti and sometimes even fruit.

I tag the following five to come up with their list, if they so chose . . .

Paula at mango&lime

David at Cooking Chat

Meeta at What's For Lunch Honey?

Elizabeth (the mommy chef) at Mommy Cooks

Michael at Cooking in Kansas City


2 comments:

David said...

sounds fun, I'll have to give mine some thought! your salting everything sounds like my father. he's rather discouraged at our home where the only salt is sea salt in a grinder, he has to work hard to get his fix of it.

Anonymous said...

I could eat olives like that, and I have, but then I discovered the gourmet olive bars in the local grocers and have never gone back to canned.

Now THOSE are dangerous!