I’ve been tagged by Sarina, The TriniGourmet, with this meme to list Five (Foodie) Things Most People Don’t Know About Me.
There isn't much that most people don't know about me. I don't hide things, but I suppose I can list a few things about my food passion!
1. One time I sucked the brains out of a shrimp. I was in Spain. I was there with a girlfriend who grew up in Hong Kong. We were eating tapas after a night of drinking. She assured me it was a delicacy. I ended up sick for 2 weeks and couldn't eat shrimp for 18 months after that.
2. I keep my freezer filled with ice cream and frozen candy bars, but I rarely ever eat them. After a few months things get freezer burn and I throw them out. But then I get some more.
3. One of my favorite snacks is garlid and herb alouette spread on a cracker, a dollop of fig jelly on top of that and topped with a slice of prosciutto. I try to make everyone try it but usually I am the only one to keep eating it. Some people think the creamy garlic, sweet jelly and greasy meat is a nasty combo. I think it's heaven.
4. I can eat an entire a can of black olives (jar of green olives) in one sitting. I do this about once I week.
5. I like to put salt on everything, even pizza, spaghetti and sometimes even fruit.
I tag the following five to come up with their list, if they so chose . . .
Paula at mango&lime
David at Cooking Chat
Meeta at What's For Lunch Honey?
Elizabeth (the mommy chef) at Mommy Cooks
Michael at Cooking in Kansas City