Friday, February 1, 2008

Chipotle-Lime Chicken Thighs


I LOVE chicken thighs. And I LOVE preparing dinner in my slow cooker. So when I found this recipe for Slow Cooker Chipotle-Lime Chicken Thighs Jamaican Rice and Peas on the Food Network's website I just knew I had to try it. And I'm glad that I did. I made this on a very cold Friday night. I had been snowing non-stop for the previous 36 hours. Three of us ate it and we all loved it. Adding the chopped avocado and lime wedges finished it off perfectly. The chicken was so tender it basically fell apart. The rice was a bit plain but it worked perfectly with the juices leftover in the crock pot. What a perfect winter dinner!


4 comments:

Lore said...

Wow that sounds like a very rich meal that's why I think that lime was really called for.

Kalyn Denny said...

Rachel, I think this chicken sounds delicious. I thought it was great that your photo looks so much more appetizing than the one on the Food Network site too!

Anonymous said...

I am salivating! What a perfect meal for a cold chicago day.

Anonymous said...

chicken was good, although I made it with 6 peppers and a couple tablespoons of sauce. But I didnt like the rice. I really thought I would to since I like all the ingredients in it. I just thought it was bland. OH well. I will make the chicken again tho! I agree with another post, your picture is much better than food networks!!