Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yangshuo Style Eggplant


I saw Ruth Reichl making this on Gourmet's Adventure's with Ruth recently and it looked so good I went straight out to the store to get me some eggplant! I experimented with Asian food quite a bit a few years ago and I still find it one of the most intriguing types of food to make. Partly because of the interesting and unfamiliar ingredients, but also because of the interesting cuts of the vegetables and how fast everything seems to cook. It's like 90% preparation and 10% cooking and I just find that neat.

You can find the recipe for Yangshuo Style Eggplant here.

It says it serves four as a side dish, but that's a really tiny side dish. I doubled the recipe for the four of us to enjoy as a side. I wish I quadrupled it. We couldn't get enough of it!


No comments: