Saturday, March 13, 2010

Creamy Lemon Shrimp


Tofu noodles! They might sound gross but they are light and yummy... perfect to eat cold. Who knew? And of course they were the reason I wanted to try this recipe because I love playing with new ingredients. I really like the taste of them, and they are super healthy, so I want to find more ways of using them.

The thing is, I tore this recipe out of some magazine months ago and I have no idea which one it was. So sorry I can't identify it here.

Creamy Lemon Shrimp
Serves 4

1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 medium lemons
1 pound cooked shrimp (any size)
2 cups broccoli florets, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 cups arugula
1 bag (8 ounces) tofu noodles, rinsed and drained (found in the Asian section of grocery store)

Place yogurt, sour cream, chives, tarragon, garlic, mustard, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl. Zest lemons over bowl. Juice 1 lemon into bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add shrimp, broccoli, arugula and noodles. Toss to coat and serve with remaining lemon, cut into wedges, if desired.


1 comment:

Chris said...

I first heard of tofu noodles this summer but never tried them. This sounds like a perfect recipe with which jump into the tofu arena!