Friday, July 6, 2007

#1: Langoustines


I came into Chicago to go to The Police Concert at Wrigley Field with my friend Tiffany. We were tried to go for a Chicago Power Meal, but they were closed for lunch by the time we got there. Next we tried to eat The Whole Tree at HotChocolate but they were closed too! So we wandered to a Mexican restaurant down the block and much to my surprise I was able to order Langoustines which are #1 on the F&W 100 Tastes to Try list!

Langoustines are very similar to shrimp and are also known as Norway Lobster, Dublin Bay prawns or Scampi "found in the north-eastern Atlantic Ocean and North Sea as far north as Iceland and northern Norway, and south to Portugal". Normally I would not have ordered these because they came with the shells on and I do not like doing the peel and eat thing. However, they just happened to be on the menu so I went for it. They were very good. Sweeter than shrimp and it seemed that most of the meat was up in the head area which might gross some people out.


No comments: